Total Pageviews

Monday, September 7, 2009

Lonesome Puppy Blues


I have two dogs. One is a Chihuahua and the other a pound puppy. I love each of them just as much as the other, but differently. I think the big difference is Butters, the chihuahua loves me and Darnell, the pound puppy, adores me.

I saw an add in the paper for Darnell about three years ago. It said he was a Chihuahua-dachshund mix. We had a dog like that when I was a little girl and his name was Darnell. When I saw his picture, I just knew he was supposed to be mine, so I adopted him. I wanted to know his story , and at the shelter they told me he came in as a very sick puppy and his little friend, also sick, had died. They took very good care of him and eventually he was healthy enough to be adopted.

I wonder sometimes, about the person who threw this little dog away. Do they know what they are missing? He has been such a blessing to me. He is funny and sweet and wants to be with me all the time. He is not a lonesome puppy anymore and he is grateful.

This is the only PSA I will ever give, so just listen, OK.

There are a lot of dogs and cats on death row, and they never hurt anyone. If you can't adopt a pet at least think about supporting your local shelter.

There. Ive done my 70's hippie child, We Are the World duty.

One more thing.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY HOLLY!

2 comments:

Followers





white punks