Total Pageviews

Monday, September 7, 2009

Lonesome Puppy Blues


I have two dogs. One is a Chihuahua and the other a pound puppy. I love each of them just as much as the other, but differently. I think the big difference is Butters, the chihuahua loves me and Darnell, the pound puppy, adores me.

I saw an add in the paper for Darnell about three years ago. It said he was a Chihuahua-dachshund mix. We had a dog like that when I was a little girl and his name was Darnell. When I saw his picture, I just knew he was supposed to be mine, so I adopted him. I wanted to know his story , and at the shelter they told me he came in as a very sick puppy and his little friend, also sick, had died. They took very good care of him and eventually he was healthy enough to be adopted.

I wonder sometimes, about the person who threw this little dog away. Do they know what they are missing? He has been such a blessing to me. He is funny and sweet and wants to be with me all the time. He is not a lonesome puppy anymore and he is grateful.

This is the only PSA I will ever give, so just listen, OK.

There are a lot of dogs and cats on death row, and they never hurt anyone. If you can't adopt a pet at least think about supporting your local shelter.

There. Ive done my 70's hippie child, We Are the World duty.

One more thing.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY HOLLY!

Followers

About Me

My photo

A wife, mother, and spoiler of small dogs, I grew up in a small West Texas town, with my eyes full of sand, and my heart full of joy.


white punks