Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Second Look


We've been home three weeks and I still have thoughts of Georgia running through my mind. Hey, that might be a song.

I'm still listening to jazz and boring my friends with vacation memories. I find myself humming Moon River and wondering what Johnny Mercer was thinking about when he wrote that song. I see him gazing out over the Savannah river as he penned the words, "I'm crossing you in style someday". I see the old African American woman who made Savannah roses from dried reeds and sang so beautifully on the banks of the river. And the young saxophone player on the square trying to make a name for himself. I hope he succeeds.

I think about these people, and the thousands upon thousands who have made such memories, falling in love, writing songs and pursuing their dreams in this bewitching old city. What a lovely place for inspiration, she is their muse. I am drawn to her and again I hear Mercer's words, "We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting round the bend, my huckleberry friend, moon river and me".

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. i wish to visit georgia too someday. savannah is such a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks