Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Anticipation


I don't know what to do with myself. I can't concentrate, I cant read and I have writer's block. The Rangers have got to win this game today and let me get on with my life.

It has consumed my every thought. I started to put on a certain shirt this morning and then remembered I wore it to the game when they lost to the Angels. I've said before, I'm not superstitious, except in baseball. I know, that's really stupid, not to mention self centered, to think my wardrobe affects the outcome of such an important game. But then again.......

I miss watching the games on Fox Southwest. These announcers don't know and love the Rangers the way Josh and Tom do. I also miss the Jack in The Box commercials. They're so funny and original. And about the commercials, am I the only one who has noticed that Red Robin stole their jingle from Hot Pockets. Really listen to it. Reeeeeddd Robinnn. Or Hooooot Pockets. It's the same completely unoriginal jingle.

I'm so tired of hearing about Derek Jeeter. On the Rangers pregame show these jerk announcers are talking Jeeter and the Yankees. So what if the Yankees have won 35 or so World Series in the 100 years they have existed. That means they didn't win 65. Texas has been around since the 70's, so really they have missed out on fewer pennant races. OK, I'm rationalizing but what I guess I am trying to say is what the Rangers have been saying all season.

"It's Time!"

2 comments:

  1. they so stole that jingle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I knew you would catch that, you know, great minds yadda yadda yadda.....

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks