Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Current Events


There's a lot going on in the world today. It's best not to turn on the morning news until you are up and had your coffee. Otherwise, you may be tempted to pull the covers over your head and hide.

Yep, the world's in a mess, from the economy to social injustice and just plain old criminal activity. Here in Texas we're having a little border problem with Mexico. People are being kidnapped, imprisoned on false charges and murdered in the streets. It looks like a ripe spot for a new little war, once we get this middle east thing wrapped up.

Now and then something good happens and it changes your whole outlook on life. I don't just mean the Rangers advancing in the playoffs, although that is wonderful. I'm talking about the rescue of the Chilean miners.

I heard some reporter talking about how they have survived. It's amazing, but in the 17 days before they were found alive they were all given jobs. One was in charge of physical fitness, another food and so on. The one in charge of the food rationing stretched 2 days of meals into 17. These men must have had the greatest leadership to have survived this ordeal. But what made me grin when I heard this story was, when they were assigning jobs, one man was given the job of poet. I don't know what to say about that, but it's just cool. If I am ever in any kind of disaster situation, please do not choose me to be the poet. I'm afraid I will bring everyone down and what good would that be?

Anyway, praise God, I just saw they were bringing up the last man. Can you imagine being the last man? It would be so frightening. But then again, he will probably be the lead character in the book and movie.

Well, I just have one more thing to say about the baseball playoffs. If the Rangers beat the Yankees and go on to play the world series, I believe they will be playing the Phillies. Nothing is definite yet, this is just my guess. If this happens, for future reference, in my blog and in conversation I will be referring to the Phillies as the Philistines. I think you get my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks