Total Pageviews

Monday, October 11, 2010


It has occurred to me, it's too late to die young.

I've been in some ugly wrecks, and lived through them. I've had a nasty drug addiction, and overcame it. I have had my share of unhealthy relationships, and walked away from them.

I've learned, in truth, you can not die from a broken heart. And yet some wounds will never heal.
Some things I will never forget, like the softness of my grandmother's cheek when I last kissed her goodbye. I remember the feeling of leaning against my mother on long car rides. As hard as I try, I can't forget my sisters phone number.
I can still feel my arms around Lauren, the last time she left home. And I will never forget rocking her feverish four year old body.
So, it's too late to die young. I guess I'll hang around and see what happens next.

1 comment:

Followers





white punks