Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Speak Kind Words. Recieve Kind Echoes


Jon thought the Chilean miners were exploited and accused the press of overkill. I was glad to see a good story with a happy ending instead of the every day political mud slinging. Isn't everyone sick of it?





I'm thinking about getting rid of my home phone and just using my cell from here on. The only people who ever call are political fund raisers. Yes, I agree with most of your points. I probably will vote for you, and no, I will not send you a donation.





I used to enjoy politics, but now I try to steer every conversation away from the issues. The thing is, what I believe, I believe strongly. Like I know abortion is wrong, there is no doubt in my mind about that. But it's a moral issue. If you don't believe in God, that's what we need to talk about. Without God, what is morality?





As far as securing our borders, I'm a little wishy-washy. Because of national security, terrorist activity and such, it would be nice if everyone came into this country legally. But, I can understand how hard that can be and also how desperate some of these people are to get here. The violence in Mexico is horrible right now. The gangs and drug lords are at war with each other but know one is safe. How can we tell someone who is trying to protect their family, that they can't come here. I mean isn't that how we all got here?




As long as I'm incriminating myself to the Republicans, I'll say one more thing. I kind of like Hillary Clinton. She seems to have it together. I'm not sure I'd vote for her, but I'd hang out with her.




I'll be glad when this election season is over. I'd like to see everyone apologize for the slurs and unkind remarks, but I doubt that will happen. Maybe we should have a season of tithing in kindness, just to see what happens to this world.




A friend quoted this scripture in her blog. "A man finds joy in giving an apt reply-and how good is a timely word" Proverbs 15 ;23. Say something good to someone today. You'll both be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks