Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Family Matters

I have been getting into Ancestry.com and it is so cool. I have been able to see actual documents like census forms and such. But the most shocking thing I have found is a copy of my Grandpa Bacon's draft notice from 1917. He must have been 40 years old and had at least 7 kids, so I guess that's why he didn't go.
I saw something that made me kind of sad. It was my dad's name listed on a 1930 census roll and he was listed as step son. My dad's father died a few weeks before he was born. Daddy never knew what it was like to be a fathers son.
I think most people picture God as being a lot like their earthly father. I knew a guy once who was abandoned by his father when he was just a baby. When life got really hard he thought God had left him to suffer alone.
I think maybe this is why my dad has never felt like he belonged. Not to God or a church or even society. He has always been very shy and never liked going to public places, even though people like him instantly. My dad was saved several years ago and even got baptized at the time. No matter what he has never felt a part. It's like he thinks he is a step child of God.
I wish I could find the words to make him understand how much God loves him. I want to tell him he belongs to God and to me and everyone who loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks