Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sad Daze


I went to my water aerobics class tonight. My doctor suggested water aerobics after I hurt my back and it turns out I love it. Most of the people who go, are going for some kind of physical therapy.

Tonight there was a new face in the crowd . She was someone I had known in another place and time, but I didn't recognize her at first. She was always so cheerful, bright eyes, big smile. But tonight she had a blank stare and a forced smile when she saw me. After the class we were talking and she said she was coming to this class as part of her therapy. I asked what she needed therapy for, expecting her to say something about her back or knees, whatever. But then she looked at me and said depression. I don't know how I didn't see it. I wanted to know what happened, if anything, but knew I couldn't ask.

When my daughter died, I wondered if it showed on my face. I could be in a room full of people and felt so alone. My doctor gave me a prescription for antidepressants, but they didn't take away the sadness, I just couldn't cry anymore. I needed to cry, so I quit taking them. But they gave me that same look I saw on her face tonight. My heart broke for her.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe God planned for you (a woman who once had that look on her face) to meet up with her (a woman who now has that look on her face). Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me wonder if I had that look? But I was told by my counselor to get involved with something, I'm glad this lady was there. Maybe in time you guys can share stories, you might help her! =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks