Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sheila Rants

  It is day four of the new year and time to make some list. Don't you just love list? I can be reading the most boring article, then find it contains a list and I perk right up. My first list will be all the things I grew tired of hearing seeing and reading in 2011.
 Number one on my list, anything or anyone Kardashian. I don't know who these people are, or why they are famous, but I am sick to death of hearing about them. So, please, no more Kardashians. It's not news.
 On those same lines, Lindsey Lohan. I have to tell you, I love Mean Girls. I watch it every time it's on TV. But, I don't care to hear about this girls sad, pathetic life. Leave her alone and maybe she will get better. We are not doing her any favors by making her think the world revolves around her.
 Number three, Adele. I remember driving home from Oklahoma in my 350Z my husband had just bought me when I heard Rolling In The Deep for the first time. I don't know, maybe it was because I was so pumped about the car, or because I could only pick up top 40 radio, but I thought that was a great song. The thing is, I only had to hear it, maybe five more times before I was so completely tired of it, and by the time it had played all summer long I could have screamed. Now, all anyone can talk about is Adele and how great her CD is. Really, it's not that good. Occasionally we go through dry spells in new music and people get excited about anything different from what they have been hearing. This explains the "Hair" bands of the 80's and 90's.
 Fourth on my list is "Baby Bump". Why do pregnant celebrities act like they invented child birth?
  Fifth, please, oh please, bring back maternity clothes. At first it was fat women and 15 year old girls who wore their tight pre pregnancy clothes, but now everyone does it. I was shunned for breast feeding my babies in a public, with a blanket covering everything, I might add, but now it's OK for you to flaunt your huge belly and protruding navel! Do you know how bad this looks?
 Sixth, reality shows about anything. The only reason the networks keep pumping this trash out is because they are cheap to make. Entertain me, show me something unreal. Something I can laugh at without feeling guilty and let me cry knowing there's no real tragedy and everyone is OK. If I want reality I will watch the news.
  Seven, picking on BABIES! What is this all about? Babies are the brunt of jokes on several commercials and TV shows. Now that I've brought it to your attention, I'm sure you will see what I mean.
 Eight, the phrase don't be hattin'. If you can not form a proper sentence, don't be talking.
 Well, I'm sure I will think of something else to complain about, but for now this is it. Hope I didn't step on any toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks