Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

 Happy New Year!
 I can't believe it's 2012. Twelve years ago today we were expecting major mayhem and chaos as we faced a collective crashing of the worlds computers. I was working for a large bank at the time, and remember preparing for disaster for an entire year. We had everything from emergency generators to small hand held flashlights, which we were required to check the batteries on a weekly basis. That New Years morning it was my responsibility to drive through the wreckage and carnage, step over the bodies entering the bank, fire up all the computers and call Arizona, if we had phones, to report our losses. What I did was, stop for coffee, smile and wish everyone I came in contact with a happy new year, walk in the bank, turn on the computers, call Arizona and visit at length with the poor slob on the other end who also had to go into work on New Years morning. Then I went home, took some aspirin and went back to bed. Aw, memories.
 Now this year, 2012, some folks are saying we are once again facing the end of the world. Apparently, some ancient Mayan tribe created a calender that ends on December 21, 2012. Is it maybe possible, these Mayans got tired of carving dates in stone and said, "My hand hurts and I think this is a good place to stop."? Why do we always give these people so much credit?  Also, if there are people living on other planets, why do we assume their world is so advanced? We believe they are super intelligent and want to take over our planet because we are all too stupid to live.
 Remember when those two snipers were shooting people around Maryland and D C? The press talked about these guys like they had some greater agenda and were so smart the police would never catch them. It turned out, they were two guys with a third grade education who liked killing people. I'm getting off the subject, if there is one, so I should stop here before I tell you all my problems with the whole Zombie thing. Like, why are they so slow, and why don't they wipe there mouths after they eat? And why do some folks think Romney would be a good president?
  Well here are my resolutions for 2012.
 I will try as many new wines as I can.
 I will clean up my DVR. I'll never have time to watch all those episodes of Psych.
 I will watch every Rangers game I can.
 I will cease to criticize C J Wilson, since he will be pitching for the Angels and is no longer our problem.
 If C J turns out to be a good pitcher for the Angels, I will be on his case once again.
 I will take Mia to puppy school in hopes that she will be easier to live with.
  That's about it. Anything else and I would just be setting myself up for failure.
 Hope this is a great year for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks