Total Pageviews

Monday, April 26, 2010

Relationships...real and otherwise


It used to be a lot of fun to sign on to face book and converse with all those long lost friends. Then suddenly, one day, I realized I had nothing to say. I can't imagine anyone caring what I had for lunch or what movie I want to see, even if they are my "friend". Some of the people who have "friended" me, I can't even remember. I'm sure I am supposed to know them because according to their profile they graduated with me. I usually accept their friend request, however. I figure the one brain cell holding my memories of them fell off and died during a big bong hit somewhere in the past.


Also I have so many of these friends now, it's confusing and kind of stressful. You know, I have over 200 "friends" and yet I spend most of my free time alone. Could it be they are not really my friends? Are these not real relationships? LOL


I really dislike the little abbreviations used in texting. If I ever use the letters LOL , please know it is dripping with sarcasm, or LOL DWS. At first I didn't understand why people liked to text. We are becoming so impersonal, why cant we pick up the phone and talk? Now I realize how easy it is to text someone a question or information without having to go through all the how are yous and whatcha doin's . We don't have to be polite or concerned with one another. Just say what you need to say and be done with it. Wow, think about it. That's sad.


As impersonal as we are with people we know, we all want to get real personal with the ones we think we know. Like, Tiger, or Jon and Kate. Why do we care?


I usually don't care. I don't watch reality shows or Entertainment Tonight. Honestly, I get all my celebrity news from The Soup and Chelsey Lately. I know I shouldn't watch Chelsey Lately, but it's so funny. Anyway, like I said, I usually don't care, but I like Sandra Bullock. I just can't understand how someone like her got mixed up with such low life thugs. Who was she taking counsel from? Where is her mother?


I had some bad relationships in my life and I learned some hard lessons. So I always told my girls, men are like buses. If you miss one, another one will be around the corner soon. But, if you get on the wrong bus, you'll ride and ride until you don't know where you are, and you'll have to call your daddy to come and get you. I think that's pretty good advice.

4 comments:

  1. I love your saying about boys and buses. Can I use it? I have some people I would love to share that wisdom with. I'll be sure and give you the credit...it's just too good to not share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the most true advice I've ever given. I lived it, trust me. you may use it to help any sister out there who needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best advice i've ever heard. I love it. I too would like to use it! I have so many friends that are on the wrong bus right now!

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks