Total Pageviews

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Day In The Life Of A Texas Rangers Fan


I am not superstitious and I don't believe in bad luck.......except in baseball.

After looking forward to this day for many cold wet months, it finally is here. Opening day at the Ball Park. Watching on my new flat screen plasma TV, I sat, mesmerized, taking in the beauty of a fresh new spring. The park was filled to capacity, the field was a lovely shade of green and the Rangers looked awesome in the Red and white uniforms, usually reserved for Saturday games. All was right with the world. Then my lunch break was over and I had to get back to work.

Upon returning to the bank, I went to the ESPN website and pulled up the game cast. It's not like actually watching the game but a good way to keep up, and still get your work done.

Things were not going well. The Blue jays had scored three runs in the first couple of innings and it was now late in the seventh and the Rangers still had not scored. I started thinking about last season and how every time I watched them by game cast they lost. I know it's crazy to think anything I do could have an impact on the game. I mean, I love the Rangers but I know they can loose without any help from me or anyone else. But a true fan thinks of these things.

I thought about turning it off, but it was too late. I started this thing and I had to finish it.

My loyalty and diligence paid off. They won in the bottom of the ninth. Joyful voices were heard through out the bank and once again, all was right with the world.

It's going to be a wonderful season. Play Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks