Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Trash Talk

 Is it now acceptable to litter in Texas? I have noticed the streets and highways are becoming so filled with trash, one might think this was New Mexico. Today, just as I was pulling into the turning lane, the person in the car next to me opened her door and dumped trash out on the street. I turned the corner and saw a man in a pickup roll down his window and throw his coke cans in a parking lot.
 This is happening everyday. Where is our pride? What ever happened to "Don't Mess With Texas", Willie Nelson and that sad Indian, oops I mean Native American, with the tear rolling down his cheek? Remember Alice's Restaurant Massacre? Someone was almost drafted for littering.
  My favorite scripture is Psalm 24:1. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein. I would never think of myself as an environmentalist, but I believe God gave us this world and expects us to be good stewards.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks