Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Let's Hear it For the Sista's

  Ten years ago today I lost the best friend I ever had. My sister, Sherry gave up a long hard fought battle with heart disease.
  When I say my best friend, only those with sisters can understand what I mean. How many people can say they share exact DNA with another person. I know, you're thinking, "But Sheila, you share exact DNA with six other people besides your sister." This is true. However, those six other people suffered brain damage in vitro, rendering them males, and unable to communicate with higher forms, such as females. I'm only kidding. I am very close to all my brothers, chauvinist, they may be.
  But, Sherry had a big part in who I am today. She was there for me, when I was six, and saw the incredibly stupid crap I pulled at sixteen,but still had my back. She knew my faults, and put me on a pedestal in spite of them. I saw this same thing in my daughters, Sarah and Lauren. The hardest thing I ever had to do, was tell Sarah her baby sister had died. I had given her, what was supposed to be, a life long friend, and now she was gone.
  History talks of brotherhood. The Bible rarely mentions women at all. I think this is just another way men make it all about themselves. I believe the best relationships have to be with the relational of the species. The women. We who nurture. We are what's best about being human.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks