Total Pageviews

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Blues

 I didn't have a chance to write a Thanksgiving post yesterday, so just let me tell you, I am thankful for my husband, children, father and brothers, as well as their families. I am thankful for my sweet little doggies, my home, job and freedoms that come with living in the greatest country in the world. I am truly thankful for my life.
  Now, here on this Black Friday, I am most thankful I do not work in retail. I am also thankful there is nothing in all of Walmart or Target I feel compelled to stand in line or camp out over night for. No thank you, I am satisfied with a good nights sleep and a clear conscience, knowing I did not trample or pepper spray a fellow human being to obtain a 5.00 copy of the latest instalment of the Twilight saga.
 I seriously don't understand what makes people do such crazy things just to get a great deal. If this were a third world country and we were standing in line for bread to feed our families, it would be different. But most of the things these folks are pursuing are just junk. They are knock offs and unknown brands of inferior products. Do you really believe a 32 inch flat screen TV will be quality merchandise at 150.00? If so, do you work for the government, perhaps in our penal system?
  Perhaps I am just not competitive enough to shop for bargains, or maybe I'm just lazy. I don't clip coupons and I am happy paying a little more for something at the drug store if it means I can skip the trip to the large discount chain. I just don't like shopping enough  to make it a sport. Especially one I don't have the energy to win.

2 comments:

  1. ӏ reаlly like what you guys arе usually up too.
    Such clever ωork and rеpoгting!
    Keep uρ the superb ωorks guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

    My blog post; http://grugliasco.enaiponline.com/user/view.php?id=151&course=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoωdy would you mind letting me κnow which wеb host уou're using? I've loаded youг blog in 3 ԁіfferent іnternet browseгs anԁ I must saу this blog loads а
    lot quicκer then most. Can you гeсommеnd a goоd wеb hοsting ρrovidеr аt a reasonable pгice?
    Chеers, I аpρreciate it!

    my web-site :: CliсkЅіte ()

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks