Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Long Winter's Nap




I am missing water aerobics again tonight. It's too cold and icy out and they will probably cancel it anyway. I do enjoy water aerobics. It's the only exercise routine I have ever had fun doing. It does make me tired, though. You know how exercise is supposed to give you so much energy? Well, I sleep like a baby after water aerobics. It's a good kind of sleep too. Kind of like sleeping in a poorly ventilated room with an open flame heater after having too much cold medicine. There I go, thinking about my childhood again. (This is where I really need a sarcasm font on my computer)


I love winter sleeping. I didn't even like naps until I had children. Way up into my twenties it was like I was afraid I would miss something if I went to sleep. These days with the sun going down at 6:00, I could be in bed by 7:00. I could put on my flannel jammies after a hot shower, jump in bed, turn on a movie and settle in for a long winter's nap. With a dose of NyQuil, a little depression and self pity I could get a good 12 or 13 hours in.


It's a good thing I don't live somewhere like Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks