Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Random Christmas







I watched Gone With the Wind last night and I don't know if you can tell but I am writing this with a deep southern drawl. Isn't it funny how a movie can affect your speech for days. And I don't know why, but if a book is set in the south I read it with a southern accent.



I am from Texas, and in case you are wondering, I do not speak with a drawl. I speak with a twang.



As you can see I have nothing of any interest or importance to say tonight.



We had our Christmas open house today, and I heard the same songs sung by every school in town. There were a few variations. Some classes were more unruly than others and some were very well behaved. One little boy danced like he had the Holy Ghost. I don't think his teacher appreciated it.



Well you probably can tell by now that I am posting Christmas picture this week. The ones tonight are very special. One was taken in 1975 when My brother, Danny and his family came home for Christmas. They had been living in Hawaii for some time. It was the first time our family, all the brothers and sisters, had been together on Christmas in ten years and we had a White Christmas. The other pictures I bar owed from Jamie's facebook page. It's Jamie, Amy and my sweet Lauren. Aren't they gorgeous?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sheila the bottom picture of all your family is wonderful!!! I bet that was a fun Christmas. I really cherish the Christmases I had when I was little that I got to spend with a lot of family and cousins...I miss those Christmases. With the way peoples lives have gone and with the way the ecomomy is people don't really travel hours on the road to see family as much anymore. Big family Christmases are always a blessing. I love the stories about your family too. You have wonderful stories!
    The picture on top of Lauren and I is us doing our impressions of Paris Hilton lol (Lauren's is way better than mine!) I don't think I had my face set yet. LOL That was a fun year. -Our Junior year of college. That fall was the best one I ever had. Lauren and I had so much fun...I'll always be thankful for the blessing she was as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun Christmas. I was still in high school and thought I ruled the world.
    I love those Christmas pics of you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks