Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Old Hippies Never Die, They Just Flash Back
Driving home from work today, I heard on the radio they were having a Thanksgiving giveaway called Free Bird. They were giving away Butterball turkeys with Lynard Skynard Cd's inside. It made me laugh. But then I realized Thanksgiving dinner will likely be cooked by fifty year olds. Or those of us who discovered Lynard Skynard back in the 70's when we were fifteen and sixteen, never knowing we would ever be this old.
It's funny to me how my generation has had such a hard time growing up. We run industry and politics, and are responsible for most of the mayhem in the world, waging war and brokering peace. And yet, we still love to crank up the tunes on the radio. There is no better feeling than hopping in your car on Friday after work just as a Zeppelin song starts up. And no better time to get the Led out.
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (46)
- ► 2010 (76)
- Is This The Price For Having Learned How Not To Cr...
- Christmas Past
- Thanks For The Memories
- Old Hippies Never Die, They Just Flash Back
- The big topic at church and in our small groups r...
- Hand-me-downs and Tshirts That Prophesy and Comfor...
- Girlie Girls
- Happy Veteran's Day
- Precious, the Terorist Cat
- All You Need Is Love
- My heart is broken for the soldiers killed and wo...
- My Famous Grandpa
- Just Thinkin....
- ▼ November (13)