Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Giving Up The A L West

  OK, so I feel like crying. I know it's just baseball and I know baseball is only a game. It's not like the presidential debates or Jessica Simpson joining Weight Watchers. In the whole big scheme, it doesn't matter. Unless you're a fan.
  Baseball fans never forget. That's just how they are. Someday, someone will ask a meaningless trivia question, about the 2012 season. Maybe they will say, "who had the best record in baseball in 2012 and yet, did not win their division?", and it will be like a knife in my heart.
  I have a theory. I think after going to the World Series two years in a row, and having played more games for a longer period than any other team, the Rangers are just tired. Not to mention losing their two best pitchers to injuries.
  I know it's not over. They have at least one more game with someone, probably Baltimore. I don't think I can watch.
  I know there are one or two of you out there, who are taking this just as hard as I am. But if this is as far as they go, for this year, we have to thank them for another great season. Ranger fans were fortunate to watch one of the best third baseman in baseball have a stellar year. Adrian Beltre is phenomenal. I even read Lyle Lovett, while on tour this summer, changed the words to Brown Eyed Handsome Man, to say "like Adrian Beltre". That's high praise.
  Did Yogi Berra say, It ain't over til it's over, or, It ain't over til the fat lady sings? I'm not sure. But this fat lady is too sad to sing, today...maybe next spring..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks