Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Head East


  I haven't written in a while. We've been busy selling our house and buying a new one. Now we are packing and I'm not sure this part of the big move will ever end. We have an incredible amount of unnecessary crap. We've given some away and trashed even more and yet, I keep finding more stuff. My brother, Joel said next time he and Sue move, he is going to just burn their house down. Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, it's illegal.
 The sad thing is, I believe most of this country is the same way. We have so much more than we need to survive while people are dying from lack of food, shelter and basic medical help. Did that statement make you feel as bad as it made me feel?
  Jon brought Lauren's things down from the attic yesterday. I tried not to look. I need to know her things are still here, even if she's not, but I don't want to see them. It's just too painful. I agreed to let Jon dispose of all her trophies as long as I didn't see it happening. I tell myself, they were hers, and like in that old church hymn, The Old Rugged Cross, Lauren laid her trophies down. She no longer needs any of this stuff, but still, it's hard.
 Wow, I didn't mean for this post to be so seriously sad.
  On Thursday, we will head east, to our new home. I feel good about it. I hope I'm not wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying that your adjustment will be great. I am heading out of Plainview soon, myself!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks