Total Pageviews

Monday, July 30, 2012

 We are remodeling a bathroom in our house, in hopes of getting it on the market in the next few weeks. So, of course, Jon and I are, for the first time in a very long time, sharing a bathroom. This is a hardship I'm not sure our marriage will endure.
  I shouldn't be so picky. Indoor plumbing is a blessing in some parts of the world. I grew up in a house with 10 other people, ( seven were boys ) and we had one bathroom. Of course we also had a full time maid. I think her name was Mom. Anyway, everyday, when we got home from school, that bathroom was spotless. I don't know how she did it.
 I cleaned out my closet and gave one 20 gallon and three 36 gallon trash bags full of clothes, shoes and purses to Goodwill. I know that makes me sound like a good and generous person, but truth is, I needed to unload some stuff. Things become a burden if you don't really use them. I had to quit torturing myself and accept the fact that if I am ever small enough to wear some of those things, they will be out of style. Also, I am a wasteful person, buying things I don't need. And as for giving them away, I'm just too lazy to have a garage sale or take them to a consignment shop.
 I need a beach and a glass of wine.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks