Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Courageous

 So, yesterday, I finally watched Courageous. So many people had recommended this movie to me, and it was really good. However, these well meaning people neglected to tell me the little girl dies. I cried all the way through the movie and most of the rest of the day. Like my niece, Katie, told me once, "I cried till I had a headache."
 Courageous is a very good movie, with great insight on what makes a father and how generation after generation, has suffered from their lack. But it's tough to watch.
 I know loosing a child is the hardest thing a person will experience. If you disagree, ask yourself why God gave his son to atone for our sins. We're pretty bad people, so it was going to take a pretty big sacrifice. He didn't send his mother, aunt Betsy or cousin Burt. He sent His heart. Our children are our hearts. Though I didn't know what I was saying at the time, I recall telling the doctor, who had delivered the terrible news, Lauren could not be dead. She was my heart and my heart was still beating.
 God knew, even if  you had never had a child of your own, you would understand the depth of his love by his sacrifice. You had once been a child who either loved a father or longed for one. He knows our hearts, because we are His heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks