Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun With Jon And Sheila


Jon and I decided, out of the blue, yesterday to drive up to Palo Duro Canyon for a picnic. He wanted to take some pictures for his photography class and I thought it would be a nice break from the ordinary.
Driving around the canyon, I was reminded of our honeymoon at Cripple Creek Colorado. Only this time the only illegal contraband we were carrying was a bottle of Bohemian Highway Chardonnay. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have let him pack the food for our picnic. Cheetos, yummy as they are, do not pair well with Chardonnay. While Jon was taking pictures Jethro Tull was playing very loudly on the radio and he said, "this is where your supposed to say I just found this joint in my purse." Now that would have paired well with Cheetos, but I also would have been carrying a very old purse.

Out here on the prairie, we flatlanders forget sometimes, we have this beautiful national park just sixty miles up the road. If your reading this and you don't know, there is an amphitheater there, where they perform a musical called Texas. It's kind of famous and people come from all around to see it. I have only been forced to see it one time and I can tell you I hated every minute. However, a person who is less jaded and cynical might really enjoy it. I just never could get passed the dancing cowboys.

Another thing I forget is how much fun Jon can be. He is, as of Thursday, retired from AT&T after thirty two years. I hope he can relax and enjoy life now. I also hope he finds another job, but something he wants to do now, maybe photography or meal planning. You know, like choosing just the right wine for hot dogs and Frito's

1 comment:

  1. Sheila you never fail to make me laugh...i am glad you and Jon can enjoy this season of life as much as you have the ability to. And by the way in my experience if you drink enough wine anything tastes good...hehe

    ReplyDelete

Followers





white punks