Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy 2013

 I'm a little late on my New Year wishes, but happy New Year, anyway.
 It's only seventy two more days until Spring, and eighty two days until my little girl turns thirty. This may kill me, so I am going to concentrate on the fact that it is also Opening Day at the Ballpark.

 Of course, over the last couple of months all my Texas Rangers Tshirts, except two, have become obsolete by  trades and free agencies. Sarah said she wanted to give me a new jersey for Christmas, but the only name she felt safe to buy was Jon Daniels.

 We had a White Christmas. Big fluffy flakes fell all day and I think we got somewhere around 3 to 4 inches. It looked like someone had broken a feather pillow. I didn't realize, at the time, but this was like a Christmas miracle. Several people said they  lived around here all their lives and never had snow on Christmas. One Tyler radio station was asking for old timers to call in, if they could remember a White Christmas in East Texas. Eric's girlfriend, Stephanie, was a South Texas girl and this was her first snow, ever. Pretty cool, until it took Sarah and Jonathon two hours to drive thirty miles.

 By now, I suppose everyone has settled back into a routine, back to school and all. I always felt sorry for my kids when they had to go back to school after Christmas. Most mothers were glad to have them out of the house, but I just had this feeling time was going by too quickly. Turns out, I was right.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks