Total Pageviews

Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring Fever Ramblings




Are the Olympics over yet? I don't know when I have been more bored. It seems like all the networks are assuming we are watching the Olympics so they are showing reruns and reality shows. I really hate reality shows. I mean whats so real about having a camera on you all day long.... oh wait, there's a camera on me all day long, you may have one on your job also, however, I doubt it could be called entertainment.
I don't even watch American Idol on the elimination nights. Seeing someone have their hopes and dreams crushed hits a little too close to home for me. Remember, I'm a Texas Rangers fan.
I have been to the movies quite a bit lately, but I don't think Ive really enjoyed anything since Sherlock Holmes, which was great by the way. I don't think I will see Shutter Island, though my husband really wants to. It looks like the kind of movie that could keep me awake nights for years. As much as I love DiCaprio, and I Luv DiCaprio, I need my sleep.
I saw the previews for Hot Tub Time Machine. This one may be over my head, but you intellectuals might enjoy it. I hear it's right up there with The Hangover and that great old classic Dumb And Dumber. I never made it past the first fifteen minutes of Dumb And Dumber, but I must admit, I laughed all the way through The Hangover.
Speaking of going to Hell, what about Russell Crow making another Robin Hood? Was the last one not violent enough? It looks more like The Gladiator meets Braveheart. I don't care for Russell Crow, he is a good actor, but he plays the jerk too well.
You know how some people are a bad influence? Maybe you had a friend growing up that you liked and had fun with until this other kid was around. Then your friend acted different or just treated you badly. That's how I feel about Johnny Depp making movies with Tim Burton. I don't like it. I probably wouldn't see his new Alice In Wonderland movie anyway, it's just a bad story. It's creepy, I didn't like it when I was a child. Shouldn't a fairy tale or children's story have a point, or some kind of meaning?
So, I guess I might be bored even if the Olympics weren't on. Things will get better, the signs are everywhere. I saw two different people wearing very cool new Texas Rangers shirts today, and I read in the Dallas Morning news, Chris Davis is looking good in spring training and ready to play after his time in the minors last season.
Yes, spring is in the air. Play Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks