Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scary Movies, Alien Invasions and Baseball

 When I was a young girl, occasionally I would find myself in complete control of the television remote. For this to happen in a large family, I had to be at home alone or possibly babysitting somewhere else. How ever it came to be, my favorite thing to watch was old black and white horror movies. I had not seen all the blood and gore kids watch these days, so some of these old films were really scary to me. The thing I remember most, is no matter how much I wanted to see what was going to happen, I couldn't watch as the heroes and victims came face to face with monsters, aliens and vampires. So I would change the channel, wait 2 minutes, and change it back. The strange thing is, I found myself doing the same thing last night when C J Wilson was pitching for the Rangers in game five of the World Series. It was tragic and I had to look away.
  What in the world has happened to C J?  He struggles just to make it 6 innings. I know I ragged on him a lot back when he was a closer, but he really proved himself as a starter. He doesn't even look like the same guy on the mound. So I started thinking, maybe it isn't him. Maybe if someone looked in his basement or under his bed, they might find an empty pod. I'm just sayin'....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks