Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summertime And The Feeling Is Easy


I had a birthday on Monday, the first day of summer. Do I feel older? Sometimes. I have, in just the last few weeks changed my diet. I'm eating organic and I'm laying off the coffee and liquor. I have green tea in the morning to wake up and I still have a glass of red wine in the evenings.

Quitting coffee was much easier than I thought it would be. I really don't miss it that much. I don't even think about the full bodied flavor and the warmth of the cup as I held it against my chest. I don't need that wonderfully enticing aroma to greet me in the mornings. Really, I'm almost over it.....( insert deep sigh )

But that's not what I want to talk about.

It's finally summer. It's been very hot, sometimes triple digits, all spring, but it's finally summer. It will be July 4th before we know it. Doesn't it seem like summer just flies by after the 4th? Suddenly they start running the back to school adds and talking football. It's just wrong. Summer is such a lovely season, we should linger in it.

I love the smell of swimming pools and the neighbors grilling in their backyards. I love the roar of lawn mowers and the scent of freshly cut grass. A fresh cotton nightgown and the cool of a fan on damp hair will lull me to sleep faster than an Ambien and Benadryl cocktail.

But the best thing about summer is Baseball.

My Rangers are on a nine game winning streak and I just want to linger in this wonderful summer season.

1 comment:

Followers





white punks