Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Let's Go To The Movies

It's been a while since Ive done a movie review, so lets catch up.
We recently saw Diary Of a Wimpy kid. I know, I know, you're thinking it's a kids movie, right? It was but weren't we all kids at one time? I enjoyed this movie. It made me laugh and brought back a lot of memories, like just how gross a twelve year old boy can be. I'll give it one and a half thumbs up.
Iron Man 2 was as good as the original and I loved the original. Robert Downy Jr has become a favorite for me. I'll give it two thumbs and eight fingers up.
I had never even heard of the movie Losers, until we saw it last night. A more appropriate title would be Cliche. Honestly, I enjoy the trailers before the movie starts about as much as the movie its self. But, last night, after about ten minutes I leaned over and said to my husband, "Is this the longest trailer you've ever seen?" He said"this is the movie we came to watch" I am serious. I never knew when it started, but I wish I could have those two and a half hours of my life back. The film maker borrowed the formula from every bad made for TV flick you've ever seen. The lead character was unmarried and had only the men he lead as family. He was loyal, yet withdrawn. Then there was the so called nerd who, of course, wore glasses and knew all the tech stuff. The sharp shooter was quiet, always hit his target and wore a cowboy hat. I think his only line was "never touch my hat". The family man, the one who had everything to live for, as you expected, would be the only one to get shot. His name should have been Dead Meat. You also knew the bitter argumentative one would be the turncoat or Judas of the bunch. And let us not forget the female, the super model out to avenge her fathers death.
The look and feel of this film was like one of those ads in Vogue magazine when you think, "what are they trying to sell here?" You know, the deliberate five o clock shadow and unbuttoned shirt with a suit jacket. The sharp shooters cowboy hat was leather, and looked like he borrowed it from someone at a gay disco. The super model looked lovely using the latest weapons and martial arts, while wearing off the shoulder blouses, short shorts, and combat boots.
This movie earned it's title, Losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers





white punks